Fibre Artist and Photographer
Profoundly influenced and inspired by nature, I create sculptural art nests from fibres, twigs and other found materials. Each nest features a luscious array of fibres, colours and textures, and is unique in character and spirit. Sacred and symbolic vessels that honour and celebrate the many stages of life, my fibre art nests are a unique symbol of home – the place of new beginnings where our life stories begin.
View Tara's photo prints, greeting cards and more in her whimsical cottage Gallery (a restored chicken coop!).
Hours: 10 AM - 5PM Daily (closed Wed), April-October, or by appointment year-round.
Love Nest Studio Gallery is a proud member of the Prince Edward County Arts Trail.
Related Education & Training
- Various Arts Courses – 1995-2008
- Haliburton School of the Arts – Sir Sandford Fleming College,
- Loyalist College, Ryerson University, Centennial College
- Expressive Arts Diploma – 2001-2003
- Haliburton School of the Arts, Sir Sandford Fleming College
- Toronto Spring One of a Kind Show – Toronto (2009, 2010); Toronto
- Outdoor Art Exhibition (2010, 2011); Prince Edward County Studio Tour (2009, 2010, 2011); The Maker's Hand – Picton (2009, 2010); Art in the County – Picton (2009-11); The Art of Flight – Picton (2008, 2009); John M. Parrott Gallery "Portals" – Belleville (2009); CLIC Eastern Ontario Photo Show (2010-2011)
- Prince Edward County ARTS TRAIL (2009-2012); Art in the Heart of the County Tour (2011); Women's Art Festival – Kingston (2009); Make it Indie – Cobourg (2010); Busy Hands – Picton (2008, 1010); John M. Parrott Gallery – Belleville (2010); Art for a Winter's Night – Wellington (2010)
- Feature Stories: County Weekly News (May, 2011); County Magazine (Spring 2009); County Weekly News, Spring, 2008; CTV News at Noon with Tom Brown (April 09); Global Television, Evening News (April 09); Interview, Portugese Television (April 09); Interview, HD TV (April 09)
Tara's fibre art nests were the Featured Product of the 2009 Spring One of a Kind Show in Toronto, and the featured image of the show's website homepage, cover of 50,000 Show Guides, 200,000 Gift Guides distributed through the Globe & Mail, Toronto Star, Now Magazine & Toronto Life; in the show's newspaper, magazine & transit advertising, and through the show's Facebook and Twitter campaigns.
Galleries & Gift Shops:
- Agnes Etherington Art Centre (Kingston); Gallery ArtPlus (Belleville, ON);
- Nature on Main (Warkworth, ON); Eganville Country Store (Eganville, ON);
- Framing Grace Gallery (Providenciales, Turks & Caicos);
- Tara was 1 of 24 artists awarded to exhibit at the 2009 Spring One of a Kind
- Show (Ontario Marketplace section) by the Community Futures Development
- Corporation & Industry Canada. In 2010, Love Nest Studios was a finalist for the "Best Booth" Award at the Spring One of a Kind Show (Toronto.). She received two Honourable Mentions for her juried photographs at the 2010 CLIC Eastern Ontario Photo Show.
Back to the Artist Webpage List